Donna Messer Connectus Award
Donna Messer was someone who had a large following, partly because without fail she would reach out and try to help you succeed, connecting you with someone she felt you needed to know.
She was also a good friend to Company of Women, always reaching out to help us, and was a regular presenter at our annual conference. When she died suddenly in April, 2014, we wanted to present an award in her memory and to honour her contributions.
For the past four years, Company of Women in partnership with Matrix Search, has been presenting the Donna Messer ConnectUs Award. It was open to Company of Women members to nominate someone within our organization who exemplified all that Donna represented – volunteerism, giving back, connecting and mentoring people.
For 2019 we are changing it up. We are going beyond the Company of Women tribe to find a woman who has been a trailblazer, paving the way for other women. Someone who has had the grit to keep going, regardless of the obstacles in her way.
We therefore encourage you to reflect on the people you know and nominate someone for this award which will be presented at the May 14 conference.
Nomination forms available
March 1, 2019
Deadline for nominations
March 30, 2019
Selection Committee meets
May 14, 2019
Who is eligible?
The recipient must:
- Be nominated by one of her peers
- Have agreed to the nomination
We are looking for someone who has, like Donna,
- Has been a real trailblazer and role model to women
- Helped others get ahead in their business or career with no vested interest on her part
- Constantly connected women to others that will help them succeed
- Advocated and helped those who were less able to do so for themselves
- Generously supported the community
What is the process?
- The nominator must complete the nomination form, getting the nominee’s permission to proceed.
- The nomination form is submitted to Company of Women.
- A panel of external judges will receive the nominations and the recipient will be selected.
- The recipient will be announced at the Journey 2 Success conference.