Donna Messer Connectus Award
She was also a good friend to Company of Women, always reaching out to help us, and was a regular presenter at our annual conference. When she died suddenly in April, 2014, we wanted to present an award in her memory and to honour her contributions.
For the past three years, Company of Women in partnership with Matrix Search, has been presenting the Donna Messer ConnectUs Award. It was open to Company of Women members to nominate someone within our organization who exemplified all that Donna represented – volunteerism, giving back, connecting and mentoring people.
For 2018 we are changing it up. We are going beyond the Company of Women tribe to find a woman who demonstrates resiliency. Someone who has not only overcome the odds, but turned them around in a positive way and got on with her life with great flourish and style.
We therefore encourage you to reflect on the people you know and nominate someone for this award which will be presented at the June 5 conference.
Nomination forms available
April 1, 2018
Deadline for nominations
April 30, 2018
Selection Committee meets
June 5, 2018
Who is eligible?
- Be nominated by one of her peers
- Have agreed to the nomination
We are looking for someone who has, like Donna,
- Shown great resiliency in her life
- Helped others get ahead in their business or career with no vested interest on her part
- Constantly connected women to others that will help them succeed
- Advocated and helped those who were less able to do so for themselves e.g. New immigrants
- Generously supported the community
What is the process?
- The nominator must complete the nomination form, getting the nominee’s permission to proceed.
- The nomination form is submitted to Company of Women.
- A panel of external judges will receive the nominations and the recipient will be selected.
- The recipient will be announced at the Journey 2 Success conference.